We each acknowledge our climate is changing, human activity is contributing, and Congress must play a central role in developing strategies for mitigation and adaptation.
We affirm that bipartisan action on climate must strengthen American competitiveness and international leadership while protecting and promoting the economic interests of all Americans.
We know that Republicans, Democrats, and Independents can find common ground on climate solutions.
The Climate Solutions Caucus will consider and discuss a wide variety of topics in the context of policy solutions to address our changing climate. These topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting affordable energy and environmental protection through research and innovation in clean and advanced technologies, such as carbon capture and energy storage.
- Encouraging energy efficiency through strategies for the private sector, non-profit organizations, and federal, state, and local government.
- Addressing the unique needs of specific sectors such as manufacturing or transportation.
- Sequestering or reducing emissions through reforestation, agricultural practices, and conservation.
- Strategies to promote resiliency and adaptation to the effects of our changing climate.
- Coordinating actions between federal, state, and local government, non-profit organizations, and the private sector.
- Working collaboratively with other nations, in particular major emitting economies, to take meaningful actions to address this global issue.
- Crafting policies that meaningfully reduce emissions while also creating 21st century jobs and ensuring that no American is left behind.