Senator Coons congratulated four Delaware students who earned medals at the 65th Delaware Valley Science Fair and are now headed to the International Science Fair. Two of the students are from Sussex County and two are from New Castle County.
Chris is a passionate supporter of science education, and loves attending Delaware science fairs to talk with students about their projects. He believes that science, technology, engineering, and mathematics are critical subjects for the next generation of American innovators. One of the first bills Chris cosponsored as a U.S. senator was the America COMPETES Reauthorization Act, which extended investments in cutting-edge research and STEM education. This legislation was signed into law in January 2011.
The Delaware students participating in the International Science Fair are:
- Bansri Patel, Sussex Technical High School
- Mikayla Ockels, Sussex Central High School
- Martin Kurian, The Charter School of Wilmington
- Edward Bao, The Charter School of Wilmington
For a complete list of winners, click here.
Senator Coons also congratulated four middle school students from Kent County who earned honorable mentions at the Delaware Valley Science Fair. They are:
- Jordan Tribbett, Milford Middle School
- Carson Rios, Milford Middle School
- Joseph Dean, Milford Middle School
- Ashish D'Souza, William Henry Middle School